Oh man I miss cooking NEW things. I’ve been making the same old things over and over so I decided to do something new.
I LOVE honey roasted peanuts and have been snacking on them non-stop at my parents. This and the combination of watching Chopped so much, I decided to crush up some honey roasted peanuts and coat some chicken breast. So from peanuts, I thought Thai food… and decided to make a curry sauce to go with it.
Ideally it would be good with rice and veggies… but I rarely eat rice. Instead, I just did green beans with garlic and some salt.
Chicken breast tenders (~1 lb, 7 strips)
1 cup of honey roasted peanuts
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup of flour
1 tea curry powder
1/4 tea tumeric
1/4 tea ground ginger
1/4 tea ground red pepper
1 tea sugar
1 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tea of flour
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 tbsp of butter
1. Crush peanuts, using a hand held blender like the Magic Bullet would be best
2. Mix crushed peanuts with bread crumbs
3. Dip chicken in flour
4. Dip in egg
5. Dip in bread crumb and peanut mixture
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes
And the sauce
1. Sautee onions with butter
2. Add flour and mix well
3. Add tomato paste and mix well
4. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil
5. Once it thickens, turn heat on low and add the spices
6. Add milk, making sure the sauce doesn’t come to a boil
note, the curry sauce probably would taste better if you used coconut milk and you don’t use flour/decrease the chicken broth, but I’m watching what I eat so this is the skim version! Using half and half would probably make it richer too. I used skim milk though and it tasted good.